Respect for and protection of intellectual property
Awareness of Issues
The Group believes that intellectual property, including products and technologies developed in-house, is an
important information asset and that strict control is necessary. At the same time, we recognize the
importance of respecting the intellectual property of others.
We properly manage information possessed by the Group, including intellectual property, sales information, and technical information, and we are working to prevent information leaks and cyber attacks while paying careful attention to them.
Major Risks and Opportunities
- ・ The adverse effect on product sales due to infringement of our intellectual property.
- ・ Restrictions on our product sales and business by patents of others.
- ・ Impact of cyber attacks on production, sales, and research activities.
- ・ Loss of trust in the Company due to information leakage.
- ・ Promote product development and unique manufacturing methods by protecting and utilizing our intellectual property.
- ・ Contributing to the development of industry and society by publishing inventions.
- ・ Implement technology innovation and operational reforms by utilizing digital technologies while thoroughly protecting and managing information assets and taking measures against cyber attacks.
Shin-Etsu Group approach
The Group will protect and respect intellectual property and manage information assets appropriately and strictly.
- ・Intellectual property management
- ・Initiatives for information asset management
- ・Protection of personal information
- ・Initiatives for cyber security
Performance and Outcome
Shin-Etsu Group Key ESG Issues
- The foundation of all activitieslegal compliance, fair corporate activities
- Employees and contractors health and safety
- Energy-saving, resource-saving and reduction of the environmental impact
- Product quality improvements and product safety control
- Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
- Respect for human rights, the development of human resources and the promotion of diversity
- Respect for and protection of intellectual property
- Contribution to industry and social initiatives
- Accurate and timely information disclosure
and communication with stakeholders