Product quality improvements and product safety control
Awareness of issues
The superior quality of general-purpose products as well as high-value-added products will lead to price competitiveness and leading to a high level of advantage. In order to ensure a stable supply of products, it is essential that the sales, research, production, quality assurance, and shipment depertments fulfill their respective roles. In addition, we recognize that product quality is an important factor not only in terms of characteristics, but also in terms of environmental and health safety. The Group is working to achieve “zero quality problem”.
Major Risks and Opportunities
- ・Loss of trust due to product quality issues.
- ・Direct or indirect impacts on product safety.
- ・Earn the trust of customers based on our track record of delivering products of promised quality on time.
- ・Efforts to ensure product safety lead to trust from customers and society.
Shin-Etsu Group approach
The Group will stably provide high-quality products to customers.
- ・Quality control
- ・Quality Audits and Support
- ・Product Safety Control
Performance and Outcome
Shin-Etsu Group Key ESG Issues
- The foundation of all activitieslegal compliance, fair corporate activities
- Employees and contractors health and safety
- Energy-saving, resource-saving and reduction of the environmental impact
- Product quality improvements and product safety control
- Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
- Respect for human rights, the development of human resources and the promotion of diversity
- Respect for and protection of intellectual property
- Contribution to industry and social initiatives
- Accurate and timely information disclosure
and communication with stakeholders