Contribution to industry and social initiatives
Awareness of issues
In addition to the understanding of local communities, we recognize the importance of developing together
communities in order to conduct business activities, including production at plants. To this end, we
social contribution activities, such as volunteer activities, at our plants and offices around the
At the same time, the Group recognizes that it has an important role to play in helping companies resolve global issues that cannot be addressed by the Group alone, such as by providing ongoing donations for the UN's refugee support activities.
Major Risks and Opportunities
- ・ Loss of trust from local communities due to social contribution activities not meeting local needs.
- ・Impact on the world economy of the delay in achieving a sustainable world aimed at by the SDGs.
- ・ Stable employment and tax payment due to business stability.
- ・Build relationships of trust with local community through dialogue and continuous activities.
- ・Contribute to a better world by addressing SDGs issues through business operations.
Shin-Etsu Group approach
The Group will participate in a variety of activities in local communities and work to resolve global issues.
- ・Fundraising for U.N. World Refugee Day
- ・Summer School for Elementary School Student
- ・Traffic post guard activities
- ・Donation of protective clothing and antiseptic solution to the community
- ・Contribution to Society Activities at Overseas Group Company
Performance and Outcome
Shin-Etsu Group Key ESG Issues
- The foundation of all activitieslegal compliance, fair corporate activities
- Employees and contractors health and safety
- Energy-saving, resource-saving and reduction of the environmental impact
- Product quality improvements and product safety control
- Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
- Respect for human rights, the development of human resources and the promotion of diversity
- Respect for and protection of intellectual property
- Contribution to industry and social initiatives
- Accurate and timely information disclosure
and communication with stakeholders