Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
Awareness of issues
Environmental destruction and human rights infringement at raw material suppliers are important management
have been working on CSR procurement more than ever before, and in accordance with our CSR Procurement
confirm the fairness of our suppliers' activities.
We also recognize that stable procurement of high-quality raw materials at reasonable prices leads to stable production and high-quality products.
Major Risks and Opportunities
- ・Impact of inability to procure raw materials, such as discontinuation of manufacture and shipment delay to customers.
- ・Problems arising in the supply chain.
- ・Procurement of raw materials at optimal prices through multiple supply sources.
- ・Earn the trust from customers and society by thoroughly implementing CSR procurement.
Shin-Etsu Group approach
The Group will take measures to ensure stable procurement of raw materials based on fair procurement.
- ・Revision of Shin-Etsu Group CSR Procurement Guidelines
- ・Compliance with subcontracting law through attendance of seminars and internal audit
- ・Initiatives Aimed at Eliminating the Use of Conflict Minerals
- ・Implementation of Supplier CSR Procurement Survey
Performance and Outcome
Shin-Etsu Group Key ESG Issues
- The foundation of all activitieslegal compliance, fair corporate activities
- Employees and contractor health and safety
- Energy-saving, resource-saving and the reduction of the environmental impact
- Product quality improvements and product safety control
- Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
- Respect for human rights, the development of human resources and the promotion of diversity
- Respect for and protection of intellectual property
- Contribution to industry and social initiatives
- Accurate and timely information disclosure
and communication with stakeholders