The foundation of all activities: legal compliance, fair corporate activities
Awareness of Issues
The Group's Business Principle is "The Group strictly complies with all laws and regulations,
conducts fair business practices and contributes to people's daily lives as well as to the
advance of industry and society by creating value through the provision of key materials and
technologies." Compliance with laws and regulations and fair corporate activities are the
foundation of all of our corporate activities.
We recognize that the long-term development of a company depends not only on legal compliance, but also on the efforts of each employee to engage in daily work with a high sense of ethics as a code of conduct.
Major Risks and Opportunities
- ・Impact of legal violations and improprieties on corporate management.
- ・Damage to corporate value due to loss of trust from society.
- ・Ensuring thorough legal compliance and fair corporate activities leads to:
① Formation of the foundation of corporate value
② Elimination of risks
③ Building customer trust and expanding business opportunities
④ Hiring and retaining excellent human resources
Shin-Etsu Group approach
The Group will make all-out efforts for compliance and to conduct business fairly.
- ・Raising compliance awareness among officers and employees through training, etc.
- ・Ensuring thorough prevention of the provision of unfair benefits or unfair demands in order to aim at preventing corruption
- ・Cutting ties with Anti-social Forces
Performance and Outcome
Shin-Etsu Group Key ESG Issues
- The foundation of all activitieslegal compliance, fair corporate activities
- Employees and contractors health and safety
- Energy-saving, resource-saving and reduction of the environmental impact
- Product quality improvements and product safety control
- Promoting CSR procurement and the diversification of supply sources
- Respect for human rights, the development of human resources and the promotion of diversity
- Respect for and protection of intellectual property
- Contribution to industry and social initiatives
- Accurate and timely information disclosure
and communication with stakeholders