Shin-Etsu Chemical establishes a Sustainable Silicone Business Development Department within its Head Office organization
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo; President: Yasuhiko Saitoh) has established a Sustainable Silicone Business Development Department within our Silicone Division in our Head Office organization. The Silicone Division handles silicones which are the core product in our Functional Materials business segment.
The Sustainable Silicone Business Development Department will be responsible for the marketing of environmentally friendly silicones products, a development which is part of the ￥100 billion investment in our silicones business announced this year on July 27. Expectations for environmentally friendly silicones products are high and demand for such products is expected to increase as we strive toward the realization of a sustainable society. By quickly capturing such demand, developing new products, and establishing a production and supply chain, we will create new product lines that will drive the growth of Shin-Etsu’s silicones business.
The outline of the Sustainable Silicone Business Development Department is as follows
1. Date of establishment: October 1, 2023
2. Location: Within the Silicone Division at Shin-Etsu Chemical’s Head Office
3. Activities: Market research and sales promotion aimed at the development of environmentally friendly silicones products
4. Business promotion structure: Activities will be promoted in cooperation with the Silicone Division, domestic branches and Group companies in Japan and globally, with the Sustainable Silicone Business Development Department overseeing all activities.
In its silicones business, Shin-Etsu Chemical is working to help achieve a sustainable society by reducing greenhouse gas emissions at its silicones manufacturing plants, increasing the supply capacity of silicones products that contribute to carbon neutrality. Furthermore, we will accelerate our efforts to realize a sustainable society by expanding our lineup of environmentally friendly products that contribute to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the goal of becoming carbon neutral.
For inquiries about this matter, please contact
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Public Relations Dept.
- Tetsuya Koishikawa
- Tel: 03-6812-2340, or from outside Japan: 81-3-6812-2340
- Fax: 03-6812-2341, or from outside Japan: 81-3-6812-2341
- Contact us