Electronics and Functional Materials Business
The Shin-Etsu Group's rare earth magnets are used in a wide range of applications including automobile motors, industrial robots, home appliances and hard disk drives. We also develop and provide photoresists, photomask blanks, encapsulation materials and pellicles that are used in the semiconductor manufacturing process. We have also successfully launched the world’s first mass production of synthetic quartz products, used as a substrate for photomasks. Furthermore, we successfully developed liquid fluoroelastomers.*
*Employs silicone addition reaction technology and hardens into a flexible solid synthetic rubber upon heating. Offers outstanding functionality and processability, and far more resistance to cold, oil, solvents and chemicals than conventional products. This material is expected to be applied in a wide range of fields, from automobiles and aircraft to electronic equipment and optical applications.
- Magnet Dept.
Organic Electronics Materials Dept.
- Silicone molding material
- Epoxy Encapsulant Material
- Liquid Epoxy Encapsulant Material
- Liquid crystal electrode protective silicone resin
- Polyimide Silicone Coating Material
- High thermal conductive silicone resin
- Silicone Coating Material
- Transparent Silicone / Epoxy Material for LED device
- High thermal stability and self-adhesive silicone film
- Silicone Board for LED, High Frequency Device etc
- Die Attach Material
- Optical fiber coating material
- Silane Gas
- Advanced Materials Div.
- New Functional Materials Div.
- Special Functional Products Dept.